POP3 settings for Outlook and Outlook Express
Attention! Before You configure any POP3 settings for Microsoft Outlook, go to www.mail.ee, log in with the account You’ll use for POP3 configuration and enable external POP3 and SMTP access. In order to ensure users’ safety, default access to mailbox using POP3/IMAP/SMTP protocol is denied.
When configuring POP3 settings in Microsoft Outlook, have to remember that placement of some settings can vary in depence on version of the program.
POP3 configuration in Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Start Microsoft Outlook,
- on the File menu, click Info and click Account Settings,
- select Account Settings from the list,
- on the E-mail tab, click New,
- select Email Account, and then click Next,
- click to select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box, and then click Next,
- click Internet E-Mail, and then click Next,
- in the Server Information section, select POP3 for Account Type,
- in the Your Name box, enter your name exactly as you want it to appear to recipients,
- in the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail address,
- in the User Name box, type your account name,
- in the Password box, type your password,
- in the Incoming mail server box, type mail.ee,
- in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type mail.ee,
- for reason not to enter Your password any time programm loads incoming mail from Your inbox.lv mailbox, tick the Remember password option,
- click on More Settings and in a new opened window choose Outgoing Server tab,
- tick My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and choose Use same settings as my incoming mail server,
- now open the Advanced tab and and tick "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)" and in the field of Incoming server automatically will be placed port 995, for Outgoing server enter port 587 or 25 and choose TLS in drop-down menu "Use the following type of encrypted connection".
- check that for Incoming server (POP3) You have port 995, but for Outgoing server (SMTP) –587 or 25.
- If you are willing to save a copy of the message on www.mail.ee you must tick “Leave a copy of messages on the server” in the section “Delivery”.
click OK, then click Next,
after these steps You will see a new window Test Account settings, and if all is done correctly, You'll see the green ticks near two options, - click Close,
- if there is a notification about successful account setup, You have finished configuration, - click Finish.
If you have any uncertainties or questions about Outlook, we ask you to get in contact with the programs producer (for example, Microsoft).
In case you did not find your answer, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org