Desktop notifications – ON/OFF
If you use Inbox mailbox, you have the opportunity to receive popup messages on the desktop of your computer, on every new email you receive. To use this feature in your browser, please follow the instructions below:
- Open the Google Chrome browser and on the right side of this page, click on the icon
- Choose Settings -> Advanced;
- In the Privacy and security section, click Content settings;
- In the box that appears, scroll down to Notifications and and select Ask before sending (recommended);
- After completing the above steps, check that the desktop notifications from the Inbox mailbox are not blocked. The address https://mail.inbox.lv must be in the Allow section;
- If you don't see site https://mail.inbox.lv in this list - don't worry. Click on the ADD button on the right side and enter the link, for example, https://mail.inbox.lv;
!! If you want to block these notifications, choose site, click on the icon and select Block.
- Open the Firefox Menu and select Options ;
- On the left side menu, choose Privacy&Security panel;
- On the Permissions -> Notifications section, click Settings;
- Make sure that inbox is not blocked, but if it is - select https://mail.inbox.lv and in the Status section, set Allow;
- Login to your e-mail, wait untill appears Web Push notification "Would you like to recieve notifications from this page?" and choose Always Recieve Notification;
!! If you want to block these notifications, go to the section Permissions -> Notifications -> Settings, find the link, set Block and save the changes.
- Open the Opera Menu and select Settings;
- On the left side menu, choose Websites;
- In the section Notifications choose Ask me when a site wants to show desktop notifications (recommended)
- Allow all sites to show desktop notifications: You'll automatically see notifications from all websites.
- Ask when a site wants to show desktop notifications (recommended): You'll get an alert from Opera whenever a site wants to show you notifications. This is the default setting.
- Do not allow any site to show desktop notifications: You won't see any notifications from websites.
Then click on Manage exceptions and ensure that there is no block to receive notifications from inbox. For https://mail.inbox.lv should be set Allow.
If you don't see site https://mail.inbox.lv in this list - don't worry. You can add this address https://mail.inbox.lv manually or you can open your mailbox and browser will ask you to confirm notification receiving.
!! If you want to block these notifications, open Manage exceptions, choose site, select Block and save changes.
Internet Explorer in Windows 7, 8
If you want to receive desktop notifications on this browser, you need to pinn specific site to your taskbar. Pinned Sites will have a separate icon on Windows Taskbar, no matter how many other Internet Explorer windows you have open.
To Pin a Site:
- Visit a website in Internet Explorer for the desktop
- Drag the website’s icon from its address bar to your taskbar. (The pinned site will get its own taskbar icon and separate browser window).
!! This will only work if the website is actually open as a window in the background.
!! If you want to receive notifications of new messages, but you do not want the popup window icon to flash, to disable it, you need to do the following:
Check these settings in the Control Panel (Classic View).
- Click on "Ease of Access Center" icon.
- Click on "Use text or visual alternatives for sounds"
- Uncheck "Turn on visual notifications for sounds (Sound Sentry)".
- Click Save.
Please take in mind that this will turn of all visual notifications (not only inbox.lv, but also other pages).
In case you did not find your answer, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org